This session explores the many ways in which African consumers have shifted towards digital products and services. The discussion will explore how Africans are shifting towards delivery takeaways with UberEats, how telemedicine has taken a huge leap forward, how distance learning is gaining ground, and how contactless payments are the next big thing in the mobile payment space. To round it all off, the chief operating officer of Silicon Valley’s leading online tech business magazine, TechCrunch, will comment on how these trends dovetail with the digital consumer trends taking hold in the U.S.
Led by Dayo Olopade Author of The Bright Continent, a book on innovation, technology, and opportunity in sub-Saharan Africa
- Dr Funmi Adewara, Founder/CEO Mobihealth International
- Ned Desmond, COO, TechCrunch
- Mark Elliott, Division President, Mastercard, Southern Africa
- Wambura Kimunyu, CEO, Eneza Education _ Makano Mosidi, Chief Information Office, Standard Bank
- Ailyssa Pretorius, Regional General Manager, Uber Eats Sub Saharan Africa